JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
English Academy for Newcomers (EAN) is a young NGO, based in Utrecht. We are a multicultural team that helps people with the support from the Applied Linguistics team at Utrecht University. We help refugees and asylum seekers find stability in the Netherlands. EAN teaches English to refugees that want to improve their English language skills either to pursue an education in the Netherlands or for other reasons. We are a friendly, international team of people who are focused on creating an environment of continuous learning among our students and teachers.
Note: We are a volunteer organization and all positions are currently unpaid.
The Development Manager (DM) secures funding for EAN. The DM identifies grant opportunities, reads in depth into grant requirements, and writes grants on behalf of EAN. In addition, the DM organizes annual fundraiser events and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Proficient in English and Dutch
- Excellent written communication ability
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- > 2 year experience in either development or non-profit management
- Experience with crowdfunding campaigns
We’re looking for candidates who want to take initiative and mark their mark on the organization. EAN is still a new NGO, so whatever the candidate brings to the table can have a lasting impact on the future of the organization.
- Identify grant opportunities
- Monitor a schedule of grant application deadlines
- Develop grant templates
- Develop itemized lists of EAN project requirements, costs
- Launch crowdfunding campaigns
- Candidate can work remotely if not located in Utrecht.
- Part time (5 – 10 hours per week)
How to apply:We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you would like to make a difference and have a fulfilling volunteer experience at EAN, please apply to this vacancy by clicking on the link below. Please submit your CV and tell us what are some of the reasons that motivated you to apply for this role.