JOB TITLE: PROGRAM COORDINATOR
English Academy for Newcomers (EAN) is a young NGO, based in Utrecht. We are a multicultural team that helps people with the support from the Applied Linguistics team at Utrecht University. We help refugees and asylum seekers find stability in the Netherlands. EAN teaches English to refugees that want to improve their English language skills either to pursue an education in the Netherlands or for other reasons. We are a friendly, international team of people who are focused on creating an environment of continuous learning among our students and teachers.
Note: We are a volunteer organization and all positions are currently unpaid.
We wish to organize interesting English language activities for our students outside the classroom. The Program Coordinator is responsible for organizing those periodic activities. Ideally, activities would be recurring events which advance the students’ English ability. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for documenting the activities such that they can be shared on our website and social media. Activities can be either recurring or one off. For example, a recurring activity would be a once a month storytelling workshop for students. A one off activity would be an English language tour of the Utrecht city center.
- Proficient English ability
- Excellent event planning ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- > 2 years experience or MS in relevant field: event management, communications, project management, …etc
- Find opportunities in the Utrecht area for activities
- Send clear activity proposals to the board
- Plan a schedule of activities for students
- Reach out to current students in coordination with marketing personnel
- Manage registration of activity sign ups
- Gather feedback on activities for constant improvement
We’re looking for candidates who want to take initiative and mark their mark on the organization. EAN is still a new NGO, so whatever the candidate brings to the table can have a lasting impact on the future of the organization. The Program Coordinator should be enthusiastic, creative and well organized.
- 5 to 10 hours per week
- Weekly reports to the board
How to apply:We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you would like to make a difference and have a fulfilling volunteer teaching experience at EAN, please apply to this vacancy by clicking on the link below. Please submit your CV and tell us what are some of the reasons that motivated you to apply for this role.