Fluent English Skills Allow Newcomers to Thrive, Grow and Secure a Stable Life!
English for Newcomers Program (ENP) offers very affordable English courses, for newcomers with a refugee background and local Dutch people interested in improving their English for academic and professional objectives. Lessons are available for beginners, intermediate and advanced students.
Universities, where courses are taught in English, require an IELTS certificate. It is also used by companies around the world to select the right people for vacant job positions. This is why all our courses are IELTS oriented.
With The English for Newcomers Program (ENP) we offer:
- Six (6) General English Courses covering from A1:Basic to B2:Independent (in accordance with the Common European Framework Reference CEFR for Languages)
- Two (2) periodic IELTS Preparation Workshops are organized along the year for students taking the test in the near future. These Workshops are at C1:Proficient Level.
We also know that academic and professional success is not everything in life, so we teach additional Active English Classes. These classes focus on everyday conversation and are particularly helpful for intermediate students.
- Social Activity Class with higher levels of interaction through speaking, discussions, stimulating the students to use daily English (e.g. preparing and arranging plans for the week)
- Art Activity Class where students collaborate on an art project under a theme they poll.
Negar Rajabi (Iran, 27)
Former EAN Student
“I wanted to take the IELTS test to enter the university, but I wasn’t sure I would pass. Although my English was good when I came to the Netherlands, I suddenly had to use it in different situations in real life. That’s when I realised that I needed help improving my English.
The course I took with the English Academy for Newcomers taught me to express myself in good English. I became familiar with different accents. My new English skills help me learning new things, and it’s easier to find better sources and references in English.
An unexpected benefit of taking the course is that I got to know other people with similar goals. I’ve found new friends and connections. Knowing English builds a bridge to the entire world!”
Apply to your next English course with us through our online application form. (This takes about an hour) Click here to start.
The application consists of three parts;
1. Personal Information: Contact details, educational/professional background and your motivation to take a course with us,
2. English language placement test to help us decide which class you can benefit the most from,
3. Pay the 9.99 euros fee, after have completed your online application form.
We open our applications portal thirty (30) days before each trimester and it is open for ten (10) days. During this period you can submit your online application.
Once you have completed your online application you will receive an e-mail with your test results,
Meanwhile, your application is checked for competence and then reviewed.
If you are admitted you receive information on the registration procedure within 5-7 working days.
*If you are not admitted you will receive an email with that. You can always apply the next trimester, but you will need to provide new information in your new application.
The English Academy for Newcomers offers two programs to its students to help you reach your goals with the knowledge and guidance needed. To know more about each program visit the links below.
– Newcomers Development Program (NDP)
– EAN Academia Workshops
It is a great idea to attend InlUUsion Courses – Utrecht University, especially if you would like to study in the Netherlands. InlUUsion is a close partner organization which allows newcomers with a refugee background to take university courses they are interested in. These courses are offered in English.
InclUUsion also connects students with a buddy who can help them to find their place at university.